Progress

Counties Birded
 
Counties 0 Counties 254

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

My old man has like this ultimate set of tools, I can fix it!

Started off Wednesday morning heading for the Rufous-backed Robin in Uvalde County. I had my Egg McMuffin, my coffee, a full tank of gas. Life was good. Due to construction, my exit in San Antonio to US90 was moved and I missed it. My GPS overlords suggested the next exit and take the second right. Simple enough.  I exited got over put on my turn signal and started my turn...

... Wham!!! I got hit from behind. A guy on the feeder slide into me when he braked. I think it was likely just bad luck on his part, a slick patch on the road.

My thought at first was that I could continue on to Uvalde and get the bird, I could just rip the broken pieces off. It took 90 minutes to get a police officer out to take the report, 10 minutes with the officer and I was clear to go.

Turns out I had two problems, I could not get the tailgate to close anymore, and when I climbed back into the drivers seat I found my seat has twisted about and inch to the right so it was tipped. I'm thinking the "box" of the vehicle was twisted now. While it drives ok, I don't think this road trip is continuing. I will have to chase another day. We'll see if I'm getting a new car now.

No comments:

Post a Comment